This bronze hand trowel is one of the best garden tools you can buy. Experience the positive effects of using copper tools in your garden.
With its turned beechwood handle and pointed bronze blade, Mira is handy for container gardening and bulb planting. We also use it to extract deep-rooted weeds such as dandelions, as the long narrow blade cuts deeply into the soil without disturbing the surrounding plants.
Why Copper Garden Tools?
- Copper gardening tools enrich the soils with coppertrace elements and thereby provide plants with essential nutrients
- They are hardwearing and will last for years
- Stay free of rust – but age with a graceful bronze patina, perfect for the coastal gardener
- They have sharp edges
- They have an incomparably longer lifespan than devices from iron
- Viktor Schauberger came to the assessment that cultivating the soil with copper implements would be more beneficial to the Earth and lead to healthier plants. In his writings, he listed several reasons for this.
- Minute amounts of copper create the conditions for beneficial micro-organisms
- Penetrate the soil easily -low coefficient of friction- less tendency for clay to cling to the tool
- Copper is not magnetic - so does not disrupt the electrical fields in the soil
- Can be kept sharp with a whetstone, file or by peening (hammering the edge against a steel anvil)